The Chinese company ZTE at the Mobile world Congress (MWC 2015) in Barcelona has unveiled its new flagship smartphone – ZTE Grand S3, the main advantage is the availability of technology support security Eyeprint ID from the company EyeVerify, which uses built-in smartphone's front camera to recognize the user through the blood vessels in the whites of the eyes.
This system is used as an alternative security system smartphone that requires a password (unlock device, access restriction function, etc.), and will soon be integrated with mobile payments and other applications.
Currently, the ZTE Grand S3 with Eyeprint ID available for purchase in China at the price of 2999 yuan (~477 USD). For this price users will get the device with the following specifications:
- Support communications standards: 4G TD-LTE/FDD-LTE; 3G UMTS, CDMA/EVDO; GSM, CDMA1X
- Dimensions: 154x77x9,8 mm
- CPU: 2.5 GHz, Quad core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC)
- Platform: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Display: 5.5-inch, a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels
- Camera: 16 megapixels with dual led backlight
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Memory: 3 GB RAM, 16 GB internal, slot for microSD memory card (up to 64GB)
- Communication: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, audio Jack 3.5 mm
- Battery: 3100 mAh
- Other: Accelerometer, proximity Sensors and lighting, Eyeprint ID, Hi-Fi voice, Dolby