Sony Mobile has introduced its first waterproof smartphone in the medium price category - Xperia M2 Aqua. According to the manufacturer, this smartphone got a brand new design Sony OmniBalance and high quality 8 MP camera with Exmor RS and supporting HDR mode. In addition, the Xperia M2 Aqua has the highest security rating for smartphones (IP65/68).
Xperia M2 Aqua is equipped with a 1.2GHz Quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, support high-speed 4G LTE, a high capacity battery (2300 mAh) and a proprietary STAMINA mode that allows the device to work even longer. Other features of the new device is observed the presence of a 4.8-inch qHD display.
Xperia M2 Aqua will be available in black or white. It will go on sale in Latin America, the Asia-Pacific region and Europe in the fall of 2014.
Key specifications of Sony Xperia M2 Aqua:
- Support communications standards: 4G LTE; 3G UMTS/HSPA; GSM
- Dimensions: 140x72x8,6 mm
- Weight: 149 g
- Processor: 1.2 GHz, Quad core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Platform: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Display: 4.8-inch, IPS, a resolution of 540x960 pixels
- Camera: 8 MP with auto focus, support Full HD (1080p) video recording, led backlight
- Front camera: 1,1 MP
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal, microSD slot for memory cards (up to 32GB)
- Communication: Wi-Fi Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB, DLNA, aGPS
- Battery: 2300 mAh
- Other: Waterproof (IP65/68) and dustproof (IP65)