Sony Mobile introduced its first waterproof smartphone in the middle price range – the Xperia M2 Aqua. According to the manufacturer, this smartphone got a brand new design Sony OmniBalance and high-quality 8 MP camera with Exmor RS and HDR mode support. In addition, Xperia M2 Aqua has the highest security rating for smartphones (IP65/68).
The Xperia M2 Aqua is equipped with a 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, support high-speed 4G LTE networks, capacious battery (2300 mAh) and brand battery STAMINA mode that allows the device to work even longer. Among the other features of the new device marks also the presence of a 4.8-inch qHD display.
The Xperia M2 Aqua will be available in black or white. It will go on sale in Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe in autumn 2014.
Main technical specifications Sony Xperia M2 Aqua:
- Support communications standards: 4G LTE; 3G UMTS/HSPA; GSM
- Dimensions: 140x72x8,6 mm
- Weight: 149 g
- CPU: 1.2 GHz, Quad core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 the
- Platform: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Display: 4.8-inch, IPS, a resolution of 540x960 pixels
- Camera: 8 MP with autofocus, support for Full HD (1080p) video recording, led backlight
- Front camera: 1.1 MP
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal, slot for microSD memory card (up to 32GB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB, DLNA, aGPS
- Battery: 2300 mAh
- Other: Waterproof (IP65/68) and dust proof (IP65)