The South Korean company LG Electronics officially unveiled the LG G Flex smartphone whose profile case "twisted" on the profile faces, and has his own design development in the form of a curved display and battery, as well as additional user interface features that take advantage of the curved display design.
According to the manufacturer, this curvature in the hull design of its novelty allows to increase the sound volume in the dynamics of the smartphone during a conversation 3 dB, but also provides improved voice quality and sound. In addition, for games, films and videos in portrait orientation, LG G Flex offers an IMAX-like experience with the most comfortable angle for viewing.
In addition to this, LG refused to use the G Flex in side control, and move them to the rear panel to avoid accidentally pressing the volume control or turning off the apparatus. Now all control can be done with the index finger, like how it is implemented in LG G2.
Other special features noted on the elastic rear panel, which is protected from the daily appearance of nicks and scratches. Among the new features of the user interface marked with the following:
- QTheater: quick access to photos, videos and YouTube right from the lock screen;
- Dual Window: splits the 6-inch display new items on two separate areas, which can run two separate applications;
- Swing Lockscreen: access to events in blocking mode with a swing smartphone; the
- Face Detection Indicator (Indicator face detection): the led on the rear key control, confirming the status of the mode and focus;
- Camera Timer (Camera Timer): led (back button) starts to blink when turned on timer mode of the camera;
- Urgent Call Alert (Indicator Missed an Important phone call): on the rear panel of the indicator starts to blink red when multiple consecutive calls from one person remained unanswered.
LG G Flex will appear on sale in November this year, the market of South Korea's three main mobile operators. About the beginning of sales of new products for other markets will be announced later.
- Support communications standards: LTE-A / LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- CPU: 2.26 GHz, Quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974)
- Display: 6-inch, curved P-OLED, resolution 1280x720
- Camera: 13 MP
- Front camera: 2.1 MP
- Memory: 2 GB RAM (DDR3 LP), 32 GB internal
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, BLuetooth v4.0, USB 3.0, NFC
- Battery: 3500 mAh
- Other: digital TV tuner (TDMB), playback at 24-bit/192kHz audio