The South Korean company Samsung Electronics has announced a foldable smartphone Galaxy Fold, featuring the world's first curved Infinity edge-to-edge screen Flex Display with a diagonal of 7.3-inch, through which a smartphone can be folded into a compact device.
According to the manufacturer, Galaxy Fold opens to users a completely new user experience and great opportunities for multitasking. In the unfolded form of the device is a tablet, and when folded "regular" smartphone.
The Galaxy Fold open smoothly and naturally, like a book. Thanks to a special coupling module is easily folded into a flat compact unit. Module, hidden inside the body of a smartphone protects the internal display part and the flexion mechanism, ensuring smooth operation even under the most intensive use. The fingerprint scanner placed on the side of the case, just where is usually the thumb when the user holds the device in his hand.
The Smartphone is available in color options Silver, Space, Cosmos Black, Green Martian and Astro Blue, and engraved with the Samsung logo on the hinge complements the elegant design of the device.
A User interface designed specifically for the Galaxy Fold, opens new opportunities to fully utilize the full potential of the smartphone:
- Support for multiple Windows: you can keep open up to three active applications at the same time, no matter whether it is for work, for games or publish the content.
- Integrated support for dual screens: the Interface provides the capability of switching from external screen to internal and Vice versa.
In addition, Samsung has equipped the Galaxy Fold powerful processor (AP processor), a new generation and 12GB of RAM with the performance level of the PC. The smartphone comes with a specially designed complex power supply system with two batteries. Galaxy Fold also can be charged simultaneously charge other mobile devices through wireless technology reverse charging.
In addition, this smartphone can be connected to the docking station, Samsung DeX, turning into a desktop workstation.
Galaxy Fold will be available for pre-order in Russia on the website of Samsung in the second quarter of 2019.
Technical specifications Samsung Galaxy Fold:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- CPU: OCTA-core, 7-nm process technology, 64-bit
- Main display: 7.3-inch, Dynamic AMOLED (4.2:3), QXGA+
- Front display: 4.6-inch Super AMOLED (21:9), HD+
- Triple camera: 16 MP, wide-angle, f/2.2; 12 MP, Dual Pixel autofocus, optical image stabilization, f/1.5-f/2.4; 12 MP, telephoto, phase detection autofocus, optical image stabilisation, f/2.2, double optical zoom
- Dual front facing camera (on the back cover when the phone is folded): 10 MP, f/2.2; 8 MP, F/1.9
- Memory: 12 GB RAM (LPDDR4x), 512 GB (UFS3.0)
- Battery: 4380 mAh, quick charge QC2.0, support wireless charging