Google has officially announced a new preview version of Android O for developers, where there is a new functionality, but still have to continue working to increase performance and stability.
Over the next months, Google will release the update version of Android for developers with a deeper dip at the event Google I/O, which will take place in may of this year.
What's new in Android O:
- Limit background tasks in Android O superior time in Autonomous mode, where added automatic restriction on what you can do the app in the background, and that they are prohibited.
- Notification Channels: represent a new, application-defined categories of notifications, allowing developers to provide users with fine control over different types of notifications – users can block or change the behavior of each channel individually, instead of having to manage all the notifications of the application.
- API autocomplete: users can now choose which app to auto-complete forms, just as they choose keyboard.
- The Function "picture-in-picture" for mobile devices and new opportunities for working with Windows: Now on phones and tablets is available function "picture-in-picture", so that users can continue to watch videos when they meet in chat or use the auto-negotiation. Among other innovations notes built-in support for image output to multiple applications on different displays, for example, the output of system notification on the secondary display.
- Font Resources in XML: fonts are now fully supported type resource in the Android O. App can now use the fonts in the XML layout, and to define font families in the XML by specifying the style and the weight set of a font along with font files.
- Adaptive icons: depending on the device may vary the size and shape of app icons, and animating them.
- Extended color gamut for applications: developers can now create applications with support for extended color gamut for display on the respective displays.
- Communication: Bluetooth audio codec, LDAC and Wi-Fi Aware (previously known as Neighbor Awareness Networking), which can be used to exchange information over Wi-Fi between devices without connecting to the access point.
- Support for navigation on the keyboard: more secure and predictable navigation model when using the keys "arrow" and "tab".
- API for AAudio Pro Audio: new native API that is specifically created for applications that require high-performance sound with low latency.
- Improved WebView (view web pages in Android applications).
- Optimization API for Java 8 and run time.