Technology in the 21st century is as popular as ever. No wonder startups like Spotify, Airbnb and Tidal, attract funding and attention of figures of show-business.
CB Insights has published a list of the most active of the famous investors.
In the list of patrons includes actors, athletes, musicians, entertainers and models:
- Actor Ashton Kutcher, who played Steve jobs, has invested in Airbnb, Bebo and Box. Last in 2015 is estimated at 2.5 billion;
- Nas, since 2007, has been generous to 40 startups. Most of the investments, the rapper carried out through a private venture Fund, QueensBridge Venture Partners;
- Music Manager Troy Carter invested in 30 startups, most of which is designed to search and gifted education;
- Former American footballer Joe Montana have supported real-time operating system Nucleus, the service at the video Mux, the platform SkyMind deep learning, as well as a number of other projects.
- The Actor and singer Jared Leto shared the income with the service of digital signatures DocuSign and Headspace app for meditation
- Basketball player Carmelo Anthony became the benefactor of the service MakeSpace, providing storage for things. Also, the athlete invested in women's fashion website PureWow;
- Basketball player Kobe Bryant has supported the service for booking restaurants Reserve and educational program VIPKid for Chinese children living in the United States;
- Music Manager Scooter Braun has financed the startup for the production of items for sleep and mattresses of Casper, as well as service beauty salon "at the last moment" Vive; the
- Basketball player Steve Nash is also invested in the manufacturer mattresses of Casper and the platform of children's creativity Kiwi Krate;
- Linkin Park belongs to the Foundation Machine Shop Ventures. With its help, the musicians supported the application for trading on the stock exchange Robinhood and service for logistics of goods Shyp;
- Designer Rachel Zoe has invested in travel company Raden and fitness startup FabFitFun. The company is engaged in delivery of cosmetics and products for a healthy lifestyle;
- Musician and actor Justin Timberlake an investor in MySpace and search service for people and places photography entitled Stipple;
- Model tyra banks chose a site with tips for a successful young people The Muse and video greetings VideoGram; the
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio has supported the manufacturer particularly skurnik mobile phones Solarine and the same item shop for sleep Casper;
- Rapper Jay-Z owns music streaming service Tidal. Also, the contractor supports the joint service rent private jets, JetSmarter;
- Actor will Smith invested in the product to maintain mental health BioBeats and clothing manufacturer Vastrm;
- Radio host and producer Ryan Seacrest also financed the application developers for meditation platform Headspace and Stamped to create the button "to share on social networks";
- 50 cent invested in the production of the vitamin water Glaceau, and highlighted money a technology company manufacturing audio SMS Audio;
- Rapper Will.I.Am was supported by a startup Honest Dollar to support small businesses in creating plans for retirement;
- Singer Justin Bieber invested in Spotify and the app for selfie Shots;
- Actor Robert Downey Jr. to support the service delivery of Souvenirs and merchandise "for gamers and nerds" Loot Crate. He also joined the sponsors of the project of online education Masterclass;
- Rapper Snoop Dogg invested in several start-UPS associated with recreational drugs. Eazu engaged in the delivery of medical marijuana, and FunkSac packing of hemp.