The South Korean company LG Electronics officially introduced its new smartphone – LG V10, characterized primarily by the presence of additional color information display, dual front-facing camera and also an attractive appearance.
The Manufacturer is positioning the smartphone as a multimedia device with advanced features, including, in particular, and full manual camera control. The housing is made of high quality stainless steel and wear-resistant silicone coating.
As noted above, in addition to the main 5.7-inch display, LG V10 there is another information which runs separately from the main and information which can be displayed in the "Show always" to improve productivity and increase the lifespan of the smartphone battery. The second screen can display the weather, date and time, battery level when the main screen is disabled. While both screens on the second screen, the user can place shortcuts of frequently used programs. In addition, during the game, the second screen will display information about incoming messages, incoming phone calls, etc., without interruption of the game.
According to the manufacturer, the purpose of installing dual 5 MP front camera is to increase the angle up to 120 degrees without using huge lenses and pan, which increases the chance of getting the "wobble" of the images. To obtain wide-angle pictures using the front camera in V10 apply special algorithms control the cameras and process the images received from the two lenses. In addition, LG V10 can simultaneous capture from all three cameras, and the user can subsequently choose which photo to keep.
The company also emphasize that the V10 has additional built-in tools for working with photos and video, and the smartphone is the first device which offers for its owners to take advantage of the full manual control of all shooting modes (photo and video): shutter speed, ISO, white balance, adjust focus during movie recording, select the resolution (HD, FHD or UHD) or aspect ratio (standard, 16:9 or cinematic 21:9).
Among other features LG V10, the company notes the following features for working with content:
- Steady Record: Electronic image stabilization system
- Snap Video: creating one video out of several short
- 15 Sec. Auto Edit: creates short videos with automatic removal of blurry frames and static scenes
- Quick Video Editor: easy crop or change the frame rate with the possibility of adding post-effects, such colouring and background music
- Quick Share: at the end of the record displays a pop-up message asking you to place videos in popular social networks and services
- Audio Monitor: sets the sensitivity of the three microphones during video recording and direct monitoring and control of audio input, including orientation records, highlighting the sound from one specific location
- Wind Noise Filter: noise cancellation the sound of the wind when shooting on the street
LG V10 supports microSD memory cards up to 2 TB, which will have a beneficial effect when shooting 4K video, and a removable battery capacity of 3000 mA/h, designed to prolong the shooting time, whereas support for the technology quick charge Qualcomm 2.0 Quick Charge significantly shortens charge time – just 40 minutes of charging charges the battery to 50%.
LG V10 has elastic frame display material Dura Guard, providing him with protection from hard bumps and drops, and the body frame is made of high quality stainless steel 316L – strong and hypoallergenic, used in the manufacture of surgical instruments and high-end watch. Because the edges and corners of mobile terminals are the most vulnerable, the manufacturer provided its new additional protection in the form of a frame from Dura Guard.
The Rear and the lower side of the smartphone is protected by an elastic and soft material Dura Skin, which is soft to the touch, but highly resistant to dents and scratches. Moreover, the back mesh panel was specifically designed for more reliable grip. It all provides the LG V10 meet military standard MIL-STD-810G for protection against bumps and drops.
Among the audio features LG V10 notes 32-bit Hi-Fi DAC from ESS Technology, automatic detection of connected devices with setting for each preset parameters. LG says that V10 is the first commercial product that uses Qualcomm TruSignal technology, responsible for intellectual control of the antenna signal optimised to reduce the number of missed and forwarded calls, regardless of how holding a smartphone.
Along with the popular proprietary function Knock Code, LG V10 is equipped with the new fingerprint scanner, which is compatible with the payment service to Android Pay.
LG V10 will go on sale in South Korea this month, and later in the United States, China and other key markets of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Main technical specifications of LG V10
- Support communications standards: 4G LTE; 3G; GSM
- Dimensions: 159,6x79,3x8,6 mm
- Weight: 192g
- CPU: six-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- Platform: Android Lollipop 5.1.1, UX 4.0+ the
- Display: 5.7-daymay, Quantum QHD IPS with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels
- Secondary display size: 2.1-inch, IPS, Quantum, resolution 160x1040 pixels
- Camera: 16 MP, F1.8, optical image stabilization OIS 2.0
- Front camera: 5 MP dual (80⁰/120⁰ viewing angle)
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM (LPDDR3), 64 GB of internal, slot for microSD memory cards (up to 2TB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB 2.0 GPS
- Battery: 3000 mAh (removable)
- Other: fingerprint reader