The South Korean company Samsung Electronics has officially unveiled two of its new phablet – the Galaxy S6 edge with curved on the sides edges of the 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display and Galaxy Note5 with signature S Pen stylus of the fifth generation.
The latest, as stated by the manufacturer, distinguished by the presence of displays with the world's best technology by advanced cameras with optical image stabilization system that creates high-quality pictures and video, high-speed wireless and wired charging, and a high performance CPU.
Both smartphones are equipped with 4 GB of RAM with high speed and power efficient memory modules LPDDR4, service wireless Samsung Pay, support 4K(UHD) video, seamless connectivity technology (wired and wireless) to PC – SideSync on different platforms and operating systems for quick access to files and data. In addition, these devices are equipped with advanced features to ensure security, including Active Protection KNOX and My KNOX.
My S6 and Note5 will be available in versions with 32 GB and 64 GB of internal memory. The sales will start from August 21 of this year (depending on market).
Other specifications for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ Note5:
- Support communications standards: 4G LTE Cat.9 / LTE Cat.6;
- Dimensions: 154,4x75,8x6,9 mm (S6 edge), 153,2x76,1x7,6 mm (Note5)
- Weight: 153 g (S6 edge), 171 g (Note5)
- CPU: OCTA-core (4x2. 1 GHz + 4x1. 5 GHz), 64-bit, 14-nm process technology
- Platform: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.7-inch, Quad HD Super AMOLED, resolution 2560x1440 (S6 edge+ rounded edge)
- Camera: 16 MP, optical image stabilisation, F1.9; support 4K video
- Front camera: 5 MP, F1.9
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (LPDDR4), 32/64 GB (UFS 2.0) integrated
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO(2x2), Bluetooth v 4.2 LE, ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC, GPS
- Battery: 3000 mAh, fast wireless (WPC/PMA) and wired charging
- Other: Accelerometer, proximity Sensors and light, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Barometer, fingerprint Scanner, Hall Sensor, heart rate sensor